Wednesday, September 30, 2009
There are numerous links in the article which I have posted in it's entirety below but did not have the patience to edit the codes to open new pages. Read below first, then click away. You can go here and check them out for yourself: ARTICLE
Fact-checking Obama. By Michael F. Cannon and Ramesh Ponnuru
It is a good thing that other congressmen did not follow Rep. Joe Wilson’s lead. If they yelled out every time President Obama said something untrue about health care, they would quickly find themselves growing hoarse. By our count, the president made more than 20 inaccurate claims (note from Joyce, actually it's 21) in his speech to Congress. We have excluded several comments that are deeply misleading but not outright false. (For example: Obama pledged not to tap the Medicare trust fund to pay for reform. But there is no money in that “trust fund,” anyway, so the pledge is meaningless.) Even so, we may have missed one or more false statements by the president. Our failure to include one of his comments in the following list should not be taken to constitute an endorsement of its accuracy, let alone wisdom.
1. “Buying insurance on your own costs you three times as much as the coverage you get from your employer.” The Congressional Budget Office writes, “Premiums for policies purchased in the individual insurance market are, on average, much lower — about one-third lower for single coverage and one-half lower for family policies.” It is true that individual insurance policies are generally 30 percent less comprehensive than employer-provided insurance, and comparable individual policies are about twice as expensive. But much of the extra cost is a function of the tax penalty on purchasing such insurance and the stunted market that penalty has yielded.
2. “There are now more than 30 million American citizens who cannot get coverage.”An outright falsehood, whether you use the president’s noncitizen-free estimate or the standard, questionable estimate of 46 million uninsured residents. A study prepared for the federal government estimates that 9 million people counted as “uninsured” in the standard estimate are in fact enrolled in Medicaid. The left-leaning Urban Institute estimates that 12 million are eligible but not enrolled, meaning they could get coverage at any time. Health economists Mark Pauly of the University of Pennsylvania and Kate Bundorf of Stanford estimate that one quarter to three quarters of the uninsured can afford to purchase coverage, but choose not to do so.
3.“And every day, 14,000 Americans lose their coverage.” The paper that generated this estimate assumed that two months of severe job losses would continue forever. Applying that paper’s methodology to a broader period of rising unemployment (January 2008 through August 2009) produces a figure below 9,000. It also assumes those coverage losses are permanent. Like many of the 46 million Americans we label “uninsured,” many of those 9,000 will regain coverage after a number of months. (David Freddoso illustrates the absurdity of assuming that all coverage losses are permanent.)
4. “One man from Illinois lost his coverage in the middle of chemotherapy. . . . They delayed his treatment, and he died because of it.” He didn’t die because of it. The originator of this false claim, a writer for Slate named Timothy Noah, has admitted he got it wrong.
5. “Another woman from Texas was about to get a double mastectomy when her insurance company canceled her policy because she forgot to declare a case of acne.” Scott Harrington supplied more facts in the Wall Street Journal: “The woman’s testimony at the June 16 hearing confirms that her surgery was delayed several months. It also suggests that the dermatologist’s chart may have described her skin condition as precancerous, that the insurer also took issue with an apparent failure to disclose an earlier problem with an irregular heartbeat, and that she knowingly underreported her weight on the application.” The woman deserves sympathy, but Obama has stretched the truth here.
6. Rising costs are “why so many employers . . . are forcing their employees to pay more for insurance.” Perhaps no other issue generates as much of a consensus among health-care economists as this one: The “employer’s share” of employees’ health-care costs comes out of those employees’ wages, not out of profits. In this comment and in five others in his speech, Obama contradicts that basic truth. Employers aren’t forcing their employees to pick up a larger share of the bill because they can’t. Workers are already paying the entire bill.
7. Rising costs are “why American business that compete internationally . . . are at a huge disadvantage.” False. The rising cost of health benefits does not increase employers’ labor costs because, again, wages adjust downward to compensate. The Congressional Budget Office, under the leadership of Obama’s OMB director, Peter Orszag, confirmed that health-care costs do not hinder competitiveness. Obama economic aide Christina Romer has called this competitiveness argument “schlocky.”
8. “Those of us with health insurance are also paying a hidden and growing tax for those without it — about $1,000 per year that pays for somebody else’s emergency room and charitable care.” That number comes from a left-wing advocacy group. A Kaiser Family Foundation study debunked the group’s analysis, reaching an estimate closer to $200 per year for a family. The CBO report mentioned above reached the same conclusion.
9. At this point, Obama said, “These are the facts. Nobody disputes them.” This comment continues Obama’s already long tradition of trying to curtail debate by denying that anyone disagrees with him.
10. “[Reform] will slow the growth of health-care costs for our families, our businesses, and our government.” In July, CBO director Douglas Elmendorf said, “In the legislation that has been reported we do not see the sort of fundamental changes that would be necessary to reduce the trajectory of federal health spending by a significant amount. And on the contrary, the legislation significantly expands the federal responsibility for health-care costs.” The CBO projects that the legislation that Sen. Max Baucus (D., Mont.) has since introduced “would reduce the federal budgetary commitment to health care, relative to that under current law, during the decade following the 10-year budget window,” but hints that the 40 percent cut in Medicare’s reimbursement rates, which helps Baucus achieve that feat, is politically unrealistic. (More on that below.) Health economist Victor Fuchs writes that the proposals before Congress “aim at cost shifting rather than cost reduction.” Obama and his allies have yet to demonstrate anything to the contrary.
11. “Nothing in this plan will require you or your employer to change the coverage or the doctor you have. Let me repeat this: Nothing in our plan requires you to change what you have.” Obama’s wording is lawyerly: While not denying that his plan would cause people to lose existing coverage with which they are satisfied, he leads us to believe that he is denying it. But even on its own terms, Obama’s claim is false. The CBO estimates that slashing payments to Medicare Advantage, as Obama advocates, “would reduce the extra benefits that would be made available to beneficiaries through Medicare Advantage plans.” It would also cause some people to lose their coverage.
12. Requiring insurers to cover preventive care “saves money.” Nope. According to a review in the New England Journal of Medicine, “Although some preventive measures do save money, the vast majority reviewed in the health economics literature do not.”
13. “The [bogus] claim . . . that we plan to set up panels of bureaucrats with the power to kill off senior citizens . . . is a lie, plain and simple.” Sarah Palin claimed that Obama’s “death panels” would deny people medical care, not actively kill them. If Palin believes her claim, it is not “a lie, plain and simple.” Most important, the substance of Palin’s claim is, in fact, true. Obama himself proposed a new Independent Medicare Advisory Council with the authority to deny life-extending care to the elderly and disabled.
14. “There are also those who claim that our reform efforts would insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false. The reforms I’m proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally.” For better or worse, the president’s plan would, in his words, insure illegal immigrants. Various federal agencies, immigration critics, and the media all acknowledge that a small number of undocumented aliens obtain Medicaid benefits despite being ineligible. The president seeks to expand Medicaid, which would create greater opportunities for ineligible aliens to enroll. The House Democrats’ health-insurance exchange, which Obama supports, would “apply to” undocumented aliens. The CRS writes that the House legislation “does not contain any restrictions on noncitizens participating in the Exchange — whether the noncitizens are legally or illegally present.” Nor does it require that the legal status of people receiving subsidies be verified.Finally, Obama supports granting legal status to millions of illegal immigrants, which would make them eligible for government benefits under his health plan.
15. “Under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions.” Unless Obama refers to some draft legislation inside his head, this claim is false. The House bill allows the “government option” to pay for abortions directly from the U.S. Treasury. Both the House and Baucus bills would subsidize private insurance that cover abortions. (See Douglas Johnson’s comment on this article.)
16. Critics of the public option would “be right if taxpayers were subsidizing this public insurance option. But they won’t be. I’ve insisted that like any private insurance company, the public insurance option would have to be self-sufficient and rely on the premiums it collects.” How quickly we forget the example of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Like those institutions, the public option would benefit from an implicit subsidy: Everyone would know that Washington would not allow the program to fail, and financial institutions would therefore offer it better rates. (During the Clinton administration, Obama adviser Larry Summers reported that a similar implicit guarantee was worth $6 billion per year to Fannie and Freddie.) The public option would thus be able to undercut its less-subsidized competitors.
17. “And I will make sure that no government bureaucrat or insurance company bureaucrat gets between you and the care that you need.” Unless the president proposes to abolish insurance, or abolish all care management, there will always be tension between patients, doctors, and public/private insurers over what patients “need.” Such tensions are sure to arise under the president’s IMAC proposal.But even if a new program would be “administered by the government, just like Medicaid or Medicare,” it would interfere in those decisions. As an administrative-law judge wrote to one of us after Obama’s address: “I am a government bureaucrat . . . and I just happen to be reviewing [six] cases, albeit involving Medicare and Medicaid, where the government has inserted itself between the patient and the care prescribed by the physician.”
18. “I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits — either now or in the future.” “The plan will not add to our deficit.” None of the bills before Congress can credibly claim to keep the deficit from rising. The one that comes closest, the Baucus bill, does so by making the wildly implausible assumption that Congress will allow 40 percent cuts in physician payments under Medicare to take place in 2012. Congress has routinely refused to support much smaller cuts.19. “Now, add it all up, and the plan I’m proposing will cost around $900 billion over ten years.” Even the supposedly parsimonious Baucus bill would cost closer to $2 trillion than $1 trillion once we “add it all up.” The CBO says that bill would spend a mere $774 billion over ten years, in part because the spending begins late in that ten-year window. Republican staffers on the Senate Budget Committee estimate that the Baucus bill would cost $1.7 trillion over the first ten years of full implementation. Moreover, the preliminary CBO score does not measure the full cost of the bill because it does not include the mandates Baucus would impose on states (about $37 billion) and the private sector (not yet estimated, but 60 percent of total costs in Massachusetts). The other bills would cost even more.
20. “The middle class will realize greater security, not higher taxes.” Obama would make health insurance compulsory for the middle class (and everyone else). If he thinks that isn’t a tax, he should listen to his economic adviser Larry Summers, or his nominee for assistant secretary for planning and evaluation at HHS, Sherry Glied. Both liken the “individual mandate” to a tax, as do other prominent health economists like Uwe Reinhardt (Princeton) and Jonathan Gruber (MIT). The CBO affirms that the penalties for non-compliance “would be equivalent to a tax or fine.”If Obama thinks the middle class wouldn’t pay the taxes he wants to impose on the “drug and insurance companies,” he should read this CBO report or talk to the junior senator from West Virginia, who accurately describes those levies as a “big, big tax” on middle-class coalminers.
21. “I won’t stand by while the special interests use the same old tactics to keep things exactly the way they are.” Who are these special interests? In case Obama hadn’t noticed, everyone from the drug-makers to the unions to the insurance companies he demonizes are spending millions to build momentum for his version of reform — in no small part because Obama has promised to buy them off with middle-class tax dollars.
When President Obama makes a factual claim about health-care policy, he does not deserve the benefit of the doubt about its accuracy. We do not know whether he has been badly misinformed or is deliberately trying to mislead. Either way, he cannot be trusted to reform American health care.
— Michael F. Cannon is director of health-policy studies at the Cato Institute. Ramesh Ponnuru is a senior editor at National Review.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Unfortunately, Americans never seem to learn
What you should really take from this story is the true way our founding fathers envisioned this country working. That is, the vast majority of the power over our everyday lives residing in our state and local governments with our Federal government only being responsible for a very narrow list of items.
And why, you might ask, is this so important. Because when a state or local government gets horribly bad, YOU CAN MOVE. This was the ultimate check and balance on governmental power. How can a government be oppressive when it has no one left to govern?
And it works no matter which side of the political spectrum you sit on. You think gay marriage is a great idea but your state doesn’t recognize it, move to a state that does. You believe the 2nd amendment guarantees your right to carry a concealed weapon, move to a state that allows that. You think government healthcare is the solution, move to a state that provides it. You think low taxes and minimal government regulation is the kind of place you want to start a business, move to a state that provides those.
See, our founding fathers understood that there is no perfect governmental system. They didn’t write the constitution to be conservative or liberal. What they did was create a system that would allow the different governmental ideas to compete within a framework of liberty. As long as a State government doesn’t violate the constitution, it is free to be as socialist or capitalist as it wants, with one important restriction, you can’t lock your citizens in or keep other citizens out.
You see, if a State government screws up so bad that they ruin the prosperity of the citizenry, the citizens can leave and stay in America. But when the Federal government screws up, then we are all stuck with the consequences. So please, to my fellow citizens on the left and right, stop supporting laws that empower the Federal government, because while the power you give them today may be used to do what you think is right, they power could very well be in the hands of the other side tomorrow.
By paganposts @ 09/29/09 09:48:29 AMreport abuse
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Iran test-fires short-range missiles...
'Could reach Israel'...
Revolutionary Guards begins war games...
Venezuela exploring uranium deposits with Russia...
China to display upgraded missiles in Oct 1 parade...
India raises nuclear stakes; Can make high-yield weapons...
We have some very unstable individuals in charge of these weapons. The centrifuges Iran has been working on (one plant in secret it seems) are of the most modern technology. Thirty to forty years ahead of our own. More efficient, faster turn around.
I wouldn't want to be a harbinger of doom, but these are important issues and the players need to be watched.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
September 24, 2009
Dear Friend of Liberty,
This Friday, the House Financial Services Committee will meet at 9 am eastern to hold a hearing on Congressman Paul's Audit the Fed bill, HR 1207.
We have come a long way in this historic effort, but your action is needed now more than ever.
Click here to find the names of the representatives on the Financial Services Committee and to get their contact information. Even if they do not represent your district, be sure to call as many of them as you can anyway, as their work on the Committee greatly impacts every one of us.
Urge them to pass the Audit the Fed bill to the floor on its own merits and not as part of an overall package that would strengthen the Federal Reserve and further damage our economy. Transparency in our monetary system is too important to be smothered in yet another Washington regulatory bill.
If your representative is not on the Committee, please contact him as well and tell him you want to know what the Fed has done with your money. Demand a standalone vote on Audit the Fed and that he cosponsor HR 1207 if he has not yet done so.
The hearing will be streamed live on the Committee's website.
This hearing would not have taken place if not for all of your hard work in calling, writing, faxing, and petitioning Congress to support HR 1207 and S 604, its Senate companion.
It's incredible to see all the support we have amassed in this historic effort, but if we want to achieve a complete victory, we must now push harder than ever and turn the heat up!
Your call could have a critical impact on your representative's decision. Contact them immediately!
P.S. C4L and its members are already having a huge impact on the political landscape, as evidenced by this historic hearing. Please donate today to help us finish this fight to Audit the Fed and continue to beat back the forces of big government.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
It wasn't the people voting FOR Obama that won him the election, it was the people who voted AGAINST McCain! The Republican Washington entity lost it's supporters about halfway through 2006, some even earlier.
And the election was only close because there was also a large number who voted AGAINST the Democrats because they saw what happened in 2006 when they took over Congress. Spend spend spend ever since.
So many people are now seeing the light about how Washington in general have been lying to us for decades. I would say going back to Teddy Roosevelt, maybe Woodrow Wilson. Can you really tell the difference in actions and bills approved by either party? Don't go by what they say, look at how they vote. Grover Cleveland, a Democrat, vetoed more bills than all of his predecessors combined. He believed in personal responsibility and individual charity to help our fellow man. Not Government.
The next president, Teddy Roosevelt, a Republican said: "Every man holds his property subject to the general right of the community to regulate its use to whatever degree the public welfare may require it."
Do you want the community to tell you how to use your property? Eminent Domain has already gotten out of hand, google Institute for Justice, that is one organization fighting for our property rights.
AND HE WAS A REPUBLICAN!!! Or so he claimed. Actually, he was one of the first Progressives in a high ranking position. Google Cloward & Piven. Scary people and many of their followers are in Washington right now!
Conservatives by the thousands are waking up to this fact. And many liberal also. This coming election 2010 may be the first true election we've had since at least Reagan. The problem is, who do we send to Washington? Maybe at this point it doesn't matter as long as they are not incumbents?!! Send new blood, un-corrupted by the Beltway Virus (hey I just coined that, like it?).
If the Republican party expects to retake political control they are going to have to show us their true stripes. Can they handle it? Will they stand up to the scrutiny? I don't think we'll make it easy for them this time.
Keep all this in mind when you go to vote. MAKE SURE YOU VOTE!!!
Monday, September 21, 2009
From our friend Shelley Roche.
Can you believe this might actually happen? This is what can happen when citizens exercise their constitutional rights.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government — lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” – Patrick Henry
Friday, September 18, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Now, who would have thought Obama's buddy, Jeffrey Immelt would profit from the missile program in Europe being dropped, hmmmmmm
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Have you seen the videos? You can get them all plus more at www.biggovernment.com the newest brainchild of Andrew Breitbart. The heroes listed below are also contributors on Big Government, you can read their reports in detail on that site. Great stories, they are people to watch in the future.
Washington DC, Baltimore, Queens and San Bernadino, CA. All these offices were caught ON FILM talking to a team of investigative journalists posing as a prostitute and a pimp. They discussed their "business", how there were trying to get a house to operate their "business" and the problems they were running into with the authorities, banks and asking questions about the best way to handle their taxes.
AND just for kicks, they also mentioned the pending arrival of underage illegal aliens from San Salvador. As sex slaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our intrepid little duo (Hannah and James are their real names) received a ton of advice, from lying on tax forms to how to handle the San Salvadoran girls "cause you don't want to educate them too much". Sounds just like how they keep minorities under the Democratic thumb in the inner cities.
There are MORE videos to come!!!!! The Census bureau has found their brain and decided "um maybe it's not such a good idea to have them do the census work next year". YA THINK????
So ACORN has lost the Census contract. There are bills up for vote to revoke their funding from the Stimulus bill and other monetary slot machines. Up till now, taxpayers have invested $53 million for these people to "help" poor people. They WERE slotted to received another $8.6 BILLION (yes folks that's with a b). Incredible huh? Do we not vet our recipients? Guess not, we sure don't vet anyone else in Washington.
Okay, it's going to get more interesting (you're kidding?). ACORN is only one piece of a larger group. I have previously written about ACORN, SEIU and CCI. Well CCI is the parent company of them and about 168 other little entities, mostly dealing with health care workers.
When California was trying to resolve it's budget issues, they had negotiated with the states health care workers, mostly home health care. They agreed to take a temporary cut in hours and pay rates. Every thing is fine.
SEIU steps in and say NO WAY!!!!!! Deal to save several billion dollars is blown. Well we know where California is now!
Bret Jacobsen, also of Big Government, reports:
Jaime Enrique Feliciano, who served as president of Service Employees International Union Local 1000 representing thousands of Sacramento-area state workers, had previous convictions for child molestation and failure to register as a sex offender
What brainiac thought it was a good idea to have a sex offender in a business that has access to home bound sick people, some of whom are CHILDREN!!! Again, no one checking people out BEFORE putting them in sensitive positions.
So here's what I really love about all this ACORN business. Breitbart has been talking about this. They took the videos to Fox cause like Andrew says:
Maybe James thinks, like I do, that baby boomer elites like Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson and Brian Williams could care less. Their generational zeitgeist – and the knowledge that their kids are personally immune from monster deficits – is all that matters. And they look the other way while believing all organizations on the left – no matter how extreme – are working towards their goals.
Sure enough, even after five days of exposure on Glenn Beck, lots of coverage on other Fox segments, the "formerly known as main stream" fringe media (had to borrow that from Beck) STILL had not covered any of this story. Sex, corruption, conspiracy, how could they NOT be interested?
Now they seem to be stumbling over each other to report on these episodes. James, the photographer, has denied an interview with CNN. Good for him! They don't deserve you James.
And online reports? Look they've gone nuts: http://www.bing.com/search?q=ACORN&FORM=MSNH11&qs=n
ACORN's head office has called for a full Investigation and has suspended regular business. I say that's NOT enough, what if they have already assisted real criminal endeavors? How many drug and sex businesses are currently operating in taxpayer provided housing?
Full Investigation Bertha Lewis. FULL.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Ahh, here's the government media in full swing! When Nazi Pelosi(DEMOCRAT) calls our soldiers "nazi's"...the story dies quickly.
When Eric Holder(DEMOCRAT) calls the American people a "nation of cowards"...the story dies quickly.
When the Obama administration(DEMOCRATS) calls Tea Partiers "Right-wing extremists" and "terrorists"...the story dies quickly.
When Obama's preacher Jeremiah Wright(DEMOCRAT) says "God Damn America!" and "Destroy White People!"...the story dies quickly.
But when Joe Wilson, a REPUBLICAN, yells "YOU LIE!"...the story grows, name-calling ensues, he's asked to resign, he's asked to apologize again and again, it ends up on the front page of the newspapers, it ends up a huge issue on the T.V., and the DEMOCRATS sit around bitching about those mean ole' rude Republicans.
See the difference, folks?
These liberals, democrats, and their media are easier to read than a children's book!
by Big Joe Williams
The liberals just wish our complaints and accusations of lying were all because of race. It would be so much easier for them to explain!
Monday, September 14, 2009
No one does investigative reporting. No one does non-partisan reporting.
Of course we expect the Republicans to be critical and distrustful of the media, but the surprising change, at least in the last two years, is the number of Democrats who no longer feel the media is accurate or unbiased. That was a surprise! At least to me! Maybe our liberal friends are starting to wake up.
Democrats went from 23% to 33% in saying that the media is too critical of America! 'Bout dropped my drink when I read that, be still my beating heart...
Sunday, September 13, 2009
“I’ve apologized one time. The apology was accepted by the president, the vice president. … I am not apologizing again,” he told “FOX News Sunday.” “I believe that is sufficient.”
Wilson said he would “never do something like that again,” but continued to defend himself.
Good for Joe Wilson! I recorded the speech, if you play it back, the President started almost from the outset of insulting his opponents, accusing them and us of spreading lies and misinformation. If you start out insulting and lecturing people how can you expect civility? Okay, maybe that was not the right time to do it, but being human, I'm not sure I could have kept my mouth shut. Could you?
And remember, Obama keeps saying there will be immigration reform, so I guess he is intending to cover these people.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
I remember driving to work hearing on the radio that a plane had hit a building in New York, took a minute or two for them to get out that it was one of the Towers. Called my husband to make sure he was listening. Pulled into the office and my accounting clerk Hope ran up "it's not an accident you watch and see". Her words were prophetic as we learned.
I went to the conference room along with 20-25 others where there was a tv. As we stood there watching I caught out of the corner of my eye the second plane and instantly gasped along with everyone else in the room as it slammed into the second tower.
Mac, one of our vice presidents, ran from the room to call his brother. Only later would he discover we had just watched his murder in the second tower.
We all walked in and out of that room to see what else was on tv, how the rescue efforts were going, had anyone claimed responsibility. I walked back in just in time to notice little puffs of smoke below the strike area and said outloud "the building is going to collapse". Thought I had said it to myself but the heads jerking in my direction then immediately back to the tv told me otherwise.
I could NOT believe what I was seeing. It took days for that to sink in, that someone so evil would do this and that our two towers could be not just damaged but totally destroyed with as yet unknown number of Americans inside.
First day was shock.
Second day was anger and a determination not to let them win. Americans all across the land became New Yorkers. We gave blood, we called relatives we hadn't called in years. We made sure that everyone we loved KNEW we loved them because we did not want anything to happen with out them knowing as so many cell phone messages were being broadcast from those trying to find their way out of the buildings. That to so many of us was some of the worst pain, those people not being able to say I love you one last time.
Regardless, we came together as a nation.
We have lost that feeling. I think that is why I had so much trouble posting a tribute on Sept 11th. But I have spent the last 8 hours watching off and on the rally in Washington of the 9/12 group and various tea party groups across America. Pride in us as a people, not as democrats nor as republicans but just people who deeply cared about the lack of attention Washington is paying to their employers, us the voters and taxpayers. It was very uplifting.
You may not have seen it very much on main stream media. I recorded two hours of Headline News to see how they handled it. In two hours and 15 minutes, they covered the rally 6 times for one minute each time. All six times were the exact same clip. Shameful. This was important, this was historic, this was true America at our very finest since 1776.
Yes you could call it a Fox News event, and a direct result of the 9/12 Project started in March by Glenn Beck. So what? At least someone is doing something. The 9/12 Project is all about the feeling of coming together I described above, the feeling of being American the day after the towers fell.
As a follow up to today's event, Glenn Beck has proposed what I think is a genius moment. The original signers of the Declaration of Independence number 56.
Delaware • George Read • Caesar Rodney
• Thomas McKean
Pennsylvania • George Clymer • Benjamin Franklin
• Robert Morris • John Morton
• Benjamin Rush • George Ross
• James Smith • James Wilson
• George Taylor
Massachusetts • John Adams • Samuel Adams
• John Hancock • Robert Treat Paine
• Elbridge Gerry
New Hampshire • Josiah Bartlett • William Whipple
• Matthew Thornton
Rhode Island • Stephen Hopkins • William Ellery New York • Lewis Morris • Philip Livingston
• Francis Lewis • William Floyd Georgia • Button Gwinnett • Lyman Hall
• George Walton
Virginia • Richard Henry Lee • Francis Lightfoot Lee
• Carter Braxton • Benjamin Harrison
• Thomas Jefferson • George Wythe
• Thomas Nelson, Jr.
North Carolina • William Hooper • John Penn
• Joseph Hewes
South Carolina • Edward Rutledge • Arthur Middleton
• Thomas Lynch, Jr. • Thomas Heyward, Jr. New Jersey • Abraham Clark • John Hart
• Francis Hopkinson • Richard Stockton
• John Witherspoon
Connecticut • Samuel Huntington • Roger Sherman
• William Williams • Oliver Wolcott Maryland • Charles Carroll • Samuel Chase
• Thomas Stone • William Paca
(list from Wiki Answers)
Beck is calling for 56 Congressional members, from either party, to become our ReFounders, to denounce the corruption in Washington and stand up for the Constitution and We The People. Call out the corruption to the light and eliminate it completely before ANY more bills are passed!
I think that is EXACTLY what we need. Whether you like Beck or Fox or not, you cannot deny the effect they have had on average America. We can no longer count on any news agency to report or investigate. They (meaning ABC/CBS/NBC and the other cable groups) have not investigated any of the Czars appointed by Obama. Despite the rumors of wrong doing, not one has investigated ACORN. Charlie Rangel has yet to answer for his tax evasions. No followup investigations there by MSM. Same for Chris Dodd, Barney Frank or even Pelosi's ties to investments in companies due to profit immensely from the Cap & Trade bill.
Only Fox. Deny any of it. You can't. So make fun of the Foxbots as they are called, it's the only place for real news these days. And THAT is a true shame. Maybe we get rid of the corruption in Washington, something can be done about the media.
Will anyone in Washington "get it" after this rally/protest? Does it matter? I don't think so. This is more about educating people, drawing attention to their feelings. Those who don't get it, will find themselves on the way home for good.
|ranslation: Persian » English|
Chavez: U.S. empire era vanished from the scene should be | | U.S. government mission: Venezuela president Hugo Chavez during a speech at the University of Friendship of the Russian capital between nations need the freedom of the world nations reiterated U.S. domination. Agency reports بوليواري Venezuela, "Hugo Chavez" last week was to travel to Russia in Moscow noted that the nations of the world each time before the necessity of getting rid of U.S. domination are aware. Venezuelan president at the University of "friendship between nations" in the capital of Russia spoke also ensure that the American empire in the century era of the scene will disappear. Chavez added: "If this species and not Npashd down the U.S. Empire, sometimes what will destroy humanity, then we must choose. Venezuelan president pointed out that many countries were correlated with Ampratvryhayy the Myblnd small nations, he said: Now that the new form of convergence is the benefit there are countries. Chavez asserted: If political domination, economic and military imperialism that wants to impose world into barbarism will we Nyndazym period and thereby, is that Russia should become and will continue this trend.
This guy will not be happy till he is head of all of South and Central America and very possibly has his eye on the U.S. Or help install Russia as the world leader.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Just to remind you here is a link to my original story:
This is awesome! Finally it's getting through to people in position that ACORN is corrupt and they should have nothing to do with them.
In case you missed it:
That is one of two videos of ACORN employees assisting and advising on criminal activities, how to hide them from the IRS and how to get housing for a brothel.
ACORN is being investigated in 14 states for voter registration fraud. 50 employees have been arrested, 30 have been convicted.
Republican politicians that have requested an official investigation are over 30, Democrats zero. One Democrat, head of the judiciary committee, John Conyers, started an investigation to stop any further funds reaching them till all charges had been check out, then withdrew stating the "powers that be" had decided for him not to continue.
They are only one part of CCI, along with SEIU. They have received 53 million dollars. They are slated to receive over 5 BILLION from the stimulus bill.
This is very good news!
Michelle Malkin has full coverage.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Same old drivel for the most part, although I thoroughly enjoyed Rep. Wilson's "You Lie!" outburst and the response from Obama and Pelosi! Hilarious. Sorry.
The one thing he said that was great, and got the most positive response from the Republicans, was willingness to have tort reform. He acknowledged the defensive testing may be leading to part of the cost increases. Duh! But let's see if he carries through.
He wants to make it mandatory. That scares me somewhat. After all, the constitution does not give the Federal Government the right to force anyone to buy anything. Even auto insurance is done at the state level.
Look, I know we need to do something, but I really hate with a passion the idea of the Federal Government having that much more power over our lives. Cass Sunstein, the soon to be new Regulatory Czar, will have power over this and everything else Congress and the President can throw out there.
Watch as he uses the health care bill (which ever one passes) to reduce the availability of meat products. He doesn't want us eating animals, feels they have rights and should be able to retain legal representation. I'm serious! He wrote that in his last book.
He could use the health care bill to regulate what food your children eat in school. No meat.
In other words, no matter what bill gets passed, Sunstein can go in after the fact and tweak it. Any bill for that matter.
And we know that the devil is in the details. Especially with this administration. What will we find hidden in the small print?
We will regret this decision.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Thanks to "CowboyUp"
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Obama speaks to school students
Now, this is tacky but could not help but laugh at one of the comments:
Maybe this is building up to his "Civilian Defense Force". OR recruiting for the Obama red & purple shirts. OR heck just recruiting for Obama's Youth Group.