Legal Disclaimer

Views expressed are opinions. Not responsible for other's views, opinions, comments, or statements of fact.

Now that the legal mumbo jumbo is outta the way...

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Energy Discussion

I hope everyone had a chance to visit the following websites:

http://www.tboonepickens.com/

http://www.pickensplan.com/

http://www.americansolutions.com/

Please let me know if you have any other good suggestions.

This will be a NON political (yes I said NON) because leaders from both sides are working either on their own program or you will see some here where they are working together.

Starting with the Pickens Plan, his first phase is wind. There are lots of links on his websites on where and how much energy he believes can be captured with these wind farms. These are not the same old wind mills you see all over the southwest that about a third of them are not even working. Those have turned out to be a maintenance nightmare. Pickens is wanting to put into play the best technology that this country has to offer. Getting the cost down, maintenance issues minimized and putting into play in a short time frame the infrastructure needed to get this generated power where it is needed.

He was just in North Dakota meeting with their Senators, then on to Arizona, New York and Texas, whew, a busy man.

Please take a few moments to look over his websites and get back here with comments, pro or con. The second site asks you to sign in, don't worry you won't end up on 15 million email lists. And it doesn't mean you support it, you just want to look at it.

Back later!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I would love to see more wind energy used. In Texas we have an abundance of wind (LOL!) and it should be harnessed!! Okay, I'm going to bookmark this page! :)

Auntie Em said...

Great! I wonder if landowners could lease a piece of land to house one of these devices? Maybe a way for farmers and ranchers to subsidize their income. They can put one out back of my garage...

Tara O said...

HEY....I can't get the link to the Pickens Plan to work!!! I'd love to read it. ;-) And Joyce, wish I could talk to you in person...I need to vent about something....

Auntie Em said...

Well Tara, that's what you get for moving to Germany!!!

Jen said...

I meant to say that I love your rules!!! :) LOL!!!

Auntie Em said...

hahah thanks Jen