Did you know many schools show Al Gore's documentary (gag on that) "An Inconvenient Truth" as part of their curriculum? A truck driver in Britain took it to court to keep it out of their schools. The court found 11 inaccuracies with the movie, I've pulled this from a Newsbusters story:
- The film claims that melting snows on Mount Kilimanjaro evidence global warming. The Government's expert was forced to concede that this is not correct.
- The film suggests that evidence from ice cores proves that rising CO2 causes temperature increases over 650,000 years. The Court found that the film was misleading: over that period the rises in CO2 lagged behind the temperature rises by 800-2000 years.
- The film uses emotive images of Hurricane Katrina and suggests that this has been caused by global warming. The Government's expert had to accept that it was "not possible" to attribute one-off events to global warming.
- The film shows the drying up of Lake Chad and claims that this was caused by global warming. The Government's expert had to accept that this was not the case.
- The film claims that a study showed that polar bears had drowned due to disappearing arctic ice. It turned out that Mr Gore had misread the study: in fact four polar bears drowned and this was because of a particularly violent storm.
- The film threatens that global warming could stop the Gulf Stream throwing Europe into an ice age: the Claimant's evidence was that this was a scientific impossibility.
- The film blames global warming for species losses including coral reef bleaching. The Government could not find any evidence to support this claim.
- The film suggests that the Greenland ice covering could melt causing sea levels to rise dangerously. The evidence is that Greenland will not melt for millennia.
- The film suggests that the Antarctic ice covering is melting, the evidence was that it is in fact increasing.
- The film suggests that sea levels could rise by 7m causing the displacement of millions of people. In fact the evidence is that sea levels are expected to rise by about 40cm over the next hundred years and that there is no such threat of massive migration.
- The film claims that rising sea levels has caused the evacuation of certain Pacific islands to New Zealand. The Government are unable to substantiate this and the Court observed that this appears to be a false claim.
Back to LW: Folks, we have a dilemma here, and it is not climate related. Everyone involved in this Cap & Trade scheme stands to make a LOT of money, especially Al Gore. Gore will be directly involved in setting up the trading system, making it yet another "commodity exchange" just like the Chicago Exchange or the New York Stock Exchange.
GE is heavily invested in manufacturing of wind turbines and special batteries, which is explanation for why the CEO Jeffrey Immelt has his media outlet, NBC News so dedicated to pushing Obama's agenda. Which also explains Janeane Garofalo's incessant beat down on conservatives, she is employed by NBC.
Gore was questioned by a journalist about the inaccuracies listed above during a recent environmental meeting, amazingly the journalists mike was cut off. He never got an answer. I think Mr. Gore needs to be willing to have a serious debate before running our electric bills up and creating yet another entitlement program for those who can't afford to pay.